Etiquette: Forum Posts
First some context:
This is predominantly a singles friendship and dating site with an outdoor activity focus. There are some members who are attached and just looking for walking buddies, or who met on the site and who wish to keep up with their friends. We provide tools so you can meet up and have fun, either through trad. dating or by posting and/or enjoying Invite meets.
The forum is a great way to chat with other singles and outdoorsey people, plan activities, and thank others for their efforts.
- Don't forget that the forum is public. Don't post personal emails, addresses and identifiable information.
- Please be aware that comments on forums are very "black and white" without the benefit of body language, facial expressions and so on to add colour and to help judge meaning. Its easy to both write something that appears harsh, and to misinterpret something as being very personal.
- If you do want to have a sharp word with someone then private messaging is the route. I will ban personal attacks and slanging matches on open forums. If you get repeated personal messages of an unfortunate nature just block the user.
- If you feel you have suffered open attacks on the forum contact me immediately and I'll take a look and consider what action to take.
- Try and keep it polite.
- Remember that not everybody has your sense of humour.